In this article, you will learn why someone gets turbo tax error 1305 and how to fix this error. We have tried to cover all the possible fix in detailed steps for someone who is not computer expert. So, please read till end and you will be able to fix this error.
What is the cause of this error?
We have list of reason which could cause this error so try to check each one of them.
- Windows installer service is stopped.
- CD-ROM is not working properly.
- An antivirus or antimalware software stopping software to get installed.
- You may not be administrator user.
How to fix Turbo Tax error 1305?
To fix this error, you will need to make sure you are logged in as computer administrator with full permission. Once you logged in as administrator, you will need to follow steps as mentioned below.
- You will need to remove any kind of software firewall or disable any kind of hardware firewall so if any of these program stopping windows installer to work properly will stop.
- Disable anti-malware or antivirus program.
- Check your CD-ROM drivers, if they are installed properly and your CD-ROM is working properly. You can always check by putting any other CD to see if they are working.
- Close all other program that you are working on and save your data so you will not lose your work.
- Restart your computer so these changes will be in affect after reboot.
- Login again to your computer with administrator.
- Check if your windows install service is working okay.
- Try to install the software. If you still getting same error, please contact intuit.
- Please make sure to install your antivirus and anti-malware back again.
How can I check if my windows installer service is working okay?
To start windows installer services, follow the steps below.
- Press and hold windows and R key together (Both keys are listed on your keyboard)
- A popup will be on your screen with run box. Type in this box “services.ms”
- Find windows installer service and right click on it and left click on start.
If you still getting same error, then you should call a computer expert. You can call our turbo tax support number +1-888-299-3207 so you can get instant help.